Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 705 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The Health and Safety in our Schools page will be updated regularly.
Please continue to check back for updates
- PS 705 will continue to use Google Classroom this year
- Visit the school’s virtual main office (link forthcoming) In order to get help with technical issues, including but not limited to:
- Logging in
- Not able to upload work
- Teacher not seeing work
- Not getting assignments back
- DOE-given device not received
- DOE-given device not working anymore
Building Safety: Your Responsibilities While in the Building
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn inside at all times by all adults and students.
- Social-distancing: All school members are expected to practice social distancing of at least 3 feet.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day. All instructional spaces, including those used for eating, have a functioning sink.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office. Please move through the drop-off and pickup line as quickly as possible to make room for families behind you.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100.0°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your students experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.